A North Vietnam loop+meeting ACE MTSG

Forest

Bikes
Vstrom650,CRF250 , Ducati 900ss ,Yamaha YZ250, Virago 400 etc..
I Just found a minute to make a short RR of our Vietnam trip.which I summed it up into a couple of videos that follow.

We started in Hanoi where rented bikes.Some 250cc ,a XR baja ,and a Yamaha raid.Not much choice..u can shop around .
Headed to Ba Be lake ,stayed at Mr linh ,what he called a "luxury " accomodation ($25 x night) turned out to be just a fan room in a wooden house with outside bathroom! but we were tired and just took it.here too..shop around!
then went to the majestic Ban Gioc waterfalls..spectacular I must say *in video 1* ,stayed in Cao Bang /

After that we went to Meo vac had a meeting with some brothers of ACE MTSG,a vietnamese moto club. very lively and helpful crew! :applause:. we were around 16 bikes .Again stunning scenery and things got even more fun! !!

After Meo Vac on to some passes and down to Sa Pa where we all stopped for a day ,to chill ,dine and what not?!
Vietnam Karst mountains are really special!!
From Sa Pa then to Son La and back to Hanoi. After we split I had a couple of days more and took a solo trip to Tam Coc pk. which is more Karst mountains with a river running through them and caves

here is the videos .when I have more time I ll upload some pics as well :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Great stuff will have go some time

actually his bike had a chain tensioner problem so he was a bit stressed by the chain coming off sometime.although not big deal .
we removed it all together ,pushing the wheel back a bit

Would never have thought to use Prodigy as a sound clip :clapping:

Great stuff will have go some time

thats after the rain at this point.but I would love to ride own bikes..if we put a small group together gettin permits isn-t much :DD

I would love to ride Vietnam - but with my own bike rather than some overpriced rental POS!

what s overpriced To u? He discounted bikes at $20 bucks X day..my bike did just fine.just a older model

Hi
I have got the impression that bike rental in Vietnam costs around twice that in Thailand for old nails opposed to the reliable new Thai bikes. And any rental is overpriced when I have my own bike just a country away itching to cross the border!

Back
Top Bottom