A day in the life...

Grathiam

Bikes
Suzuki 250XC Djebel, F650GS, Honda Dream
KTM-Phil phoned me, asking me to post a trip report on Rider's new web board.
But, Phil, I replied, "I haven't gone anywhere since last month when I went to the Golden Triangle and Chiang Mai"
Phil said, "No problem, just post an old report, we're trying to get the board going"
Gee, I thought, 'I don't save old written reports once their posted, I only keep the photos'.

So, to assist the board and help Phil, here's yesterday's trip. A day in the boring life of Tyro Biker.
And due to the report's tongue-in-cheek format, I extend my apologies to Capt Slash.

The traffic may be bad today and I want to get things done in a hurry. I decided against taking
my 17-year old Honda Dream, reliable though it is (left in pix) and my BMW (right in pix) is not
practical for use in Pattaya, so I opted to take the Suzuki 250 'Djebel'.
1.jpg

Well, braving the traffic wasn't bad, making it easy to zip around vehicles. [Routes 34, 463, 9337,
128 and 653]
2.jpg

First stop was at the PTT station, I needed gas and to check the tires for this arduous journey.
3.jpg

Heading to a Post Office, in Jomtien, I passed the area's Immigration facilities on the way. [Routes
754, 34, 865, 3339 and a back alley]
3a.jpg

It was just a few minutes and 22-Bt at the Post Office to mail an EMS letter to Bangkok.
4.jpg

On the way back, I stopped at a local bike shop. They have been building a new custom chopper,
and the bike is now complete. Though I'm not into choppers, the creative design, quality of the metalwork
and artistic paint job are exceptional. [Routes 65, 4356 22 and 55]
5.jpg
6.jpg

7.jpg
8.jpg

Leaving the shop I had to negotiate the twisties while heading to get breakfast. [Routes 67, 244,
7754, 459 and 17]
9.jpg

This restaurant has inexpensive yet good food. In addition to western breakfasts, they also offer Thai dishes.
Plus the have complete pork, lamb dinners, and decent fish & chips all at just over 100-Bt
10.jpg

The perfunctory Capt. Slash picture of breakfast. (80-Bt), and the mornings BKK-Post, which the restaurant provides every day.
I normally cook at home, but it's nice to eat out once in a while.
11.jpg

After breakfast I stopped at a friend's shop, the only small moto shop in town that has a lathe and knows how to use it.
He also keeps over 400 used motos in storage so can get parts for nearly any older moto. Plus, his work is
excellent and always at Thai prices. [Route 47, 16 and 754]
12.jpg

Leaving the shop, I brave the roads and head to Tesco-Lotus as I need to restock my refrigerator:
[Routes 33, 9743, 45 and 2]
13.jpg

14.jpg

Back home, there's always chores...so I sweep the floor and wash my laundry.
15.jpg

I get on the computer and download and watch a copy of the movie "The King's Speech". It is an
excellent movie...highly recommended!
16.jpg

It's been such a dull and _boring_ day, I finally call it a night.
The day's total distance traveled: 26-km!
Sleep.jpg

Back
Top Bottom