30 day Visa exempt stamp - Mae Sai

crs

Bikes
KTM 250 EXC-F
30 day visa exempt stamp at Thai land border crossings

Just went to do a 14 day stamp border run at Mae Sai and got stamped till the 6/12 = 29 days. Can't find out anything about changes re. this on internet so guess it was just a one-off. Maybe the guy saw I could only do another 1 run after this one (totalling the usual max of 4 they give now) so thought he'd save me some hassle and join it into 1. 29 days though - weird....

Hi CRS, this might be the new rule on 30 days for overland?! What nationality do you have?

From another forum:
"UK, USA, Japan, Germany, France, Canada and Italy are since November 1, 2013 given 30 days at land borders instead of previously only 15 days. Those are the G-7 / G-8 states, Russia is not mentioned, as they got 30 days anyway.
From what I heard, the crossings are unlimited, like the good old days."

Yep, they have changed back to 30 days (the guy who did mine must have got a bit muddled) at land border crossing for certain nationalities. Apparently some crossings will give these out unlimited, some may only let you do 2 or 3 in a row max.

Maybe an Admin can change the title of this thread - this new 14 days to 30 days policy could make a fair difference to those planning overland travel into Thailand. Cheers.

30 days for holders of passports from UK, USA, Japan, Germany, France, Canada and Italy

BANGKOK: -- Royal Thai Immigration Bureau has confirmed to Thaivisa.com that holders of passports of UK, USA, Japan, Germany, France, Canada and Italy are since November 1, 2013 given 30 days at land borders instead of previously only 15 days.

Lucky you and you were not aware of the new rule.....maybe you were one of the very first to get one.
Would be interesting to see if the limitation of 4 crossings is lifted again?

Back
Top Bottom