2022 CB500X or 2022 KLR650

Capss

Bikes
Suzuki RF400R, BMW R1100S, BMW 1200GSA, BMW 800GS, Gas Gas 450F, Honda CRF250X Yamaha XT600E, Honda CB500x
I like both of them.....but

Ohm and I went to Khon Kaen I sat on the KLR and my wife sat on the back, she said it was quite comfortable. We could not look at the new CB as they sadi they were waiting for the new stock to come in. So I will have to wait until I am next home then I will go look.

I liked the KLR and found it comfortable. However the things that put me off are the fact it is only a 5 speed box, and I am not sure about the gear ratios (as I don't really understand them) and whether it will be good for sitting 2 up on long stretches. Also the fact there are no looped pannier rails available for it as the Kawasaki luggage just clips on at the top. I have soft luggage, Magadan 2's

I have been on a CB before and I am happy with it, I just need to get Ohm on the back so she is comfortable. I do like the new Green colour!

Then I need to make up my mind!

On another note I did go look and sit on the T700 which I liked, the position was good for me but Ohm found the pillion seat uncomfortable
I am also going to be hopefully getting the CRF300L for me to play about on.

Price wise, I can get the CB and CRF for less than the price of the T700 and I would rather have the two bikes.

Decisions.

What about the V-Strom 650 or the NC750X?

I don't like the look of the NC750X Kurt, also I am trying to keep the price down so I can get the 2 bikes 5555. The V-Strom I like but I can get both the other 2 for around the same price.

Kurt, are you about for the MotoGp 30 Sept to 03 Oct?

Wayne

Last edited:
I don't like the look of the NC750X Kurt, also I am trying to keep the price down so I can get the 2 bikes 5555. The V-Strom I like but I can get both the other 2 for around the same price.

Kurt, are you about for the MotoGp 30 Sept to 03 Oct?

Wayne
Nah - I have had my 6 weeks in Thailand this year and with a full job its hard to get more time off than that - unfortunately.

The Yamaha prices in Thailand are ridiciously, so I agree no point getting that T7.
The KLR still have those Dohickey issues and if not adressed it most likely wont last very long. And to be honest its a heavy and slow pig. Not my kind of bike at least.
I would much rather grab a V-Strom 650, they are not much more costly than the KLR.

Honda Cb500X are amazing bikes for the price. Especially the newest models with better front suspension and better brakes. But maybe still a bit boring?

Anyhow - good luck with your purchase and we will catch up another time!

Cheers Kurt

Last edited:
@Snakeboy

Yes, Iike the CB500X and I am leaning more towards it, but mainly due to the points I stated above. The only thing on the new model is I wish they had put spoked wheels, a little boring, yes, but all I want it for is for taking Ohm out and about, touring. The CRF300L will be for me to play on.

Let me know when you next get over Kurt

Wayne

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Captain_Slash Bike Talk 8
WarProfiteer Bike Talk 22
Back
Top Bottom