2014 Australasian Safari

TB-Racing

Bikes
various
2014 Australian Safari will be the LAST !!!

19 - 27 September 2014 Western Australia

Live event broadcast: http://www.australasiansafari.com.au/Webcam/webcam.html

Came and have a go this year or miss out forever on this truly iconic event that is as good as and in many ways better than any rally anywhere.

THIS IS YOUR LAST CHANCE !

STATEMENT FROM THE EVENT DIRECTOR
The last one - Safari 2014

After seven years in Western Australia, it’s with a heavy heart that we wish to advise the 2014 Australasian Safari will be the last one held in Western Australia.

My company Australian Safari Pty Ltd has a contract with Tourism Western Australia. The contract contains the option for TWA to extend the current agreement for a further th...ree years (2015 to 2017). TWA has declined to take up this option in the current climate.

In these tough economic conditions, it is fair to say we have done a very good job running an international level motorsport event. However, the anticipated growth in competitor numbers and external commercial support has not been realised.

After working very hard for a number of years, we haven’t been able to significantly increase the size and media impact of the event to justify the investment.

Tourism Western Australia has been a wonderful partner. Whilst I am devastated, I respect their decision and give my commitment to my stakeholders, sponsors and the competitors that Safari 2014 will be an amazing experience.

I would like to thank my team in my office, the 2014 Organising Committee and our volunteer officials who have been so supportive of our ambitions.

The 2014 Australasian Safari will run as planned and will be a celebration of a motorsport icon that it truly is.

Regards
Justin Hunt
Event Director

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 278
Back
Top Bottom