2012 KTM 200 XC-W

johnnysneds

Bikes
Multistrada 1200S Touring, WR450F, KTM200EXC, Gas Gas 280, PCX
200_XC-W_90_Grad_01.jpg

95Kg (209lbs) thats 20Kg lighter than my WR :eek1

Feels like a mountain bike until you twist the throttle. For 2012, greater peak power, new airbox and intake snorkel. Oh, and the kick starter is now 80g lighter. Yes, that does make a difference.
New for 2012:
• New ignition curve for smoother rideability
• Lighter kick starter (80 grams lighter)
• Completely new frame design with PDS that reduces longitudinal stiffness
• New one-piece cast aluminium swingarm with excellent flex characteristics
• New WP PDS mono shock (7mm longer) with new preload adjuster
• WP 48mm USD forks received new oil and dust seals by SKF and new bushings with improved Teflon coating for better sensitivity and durability
• 2.64 gallon/ 10 liter translucent fuel tank
• New intake boot that provides great power and extra protection for Twin-Air filter which still has the same quick change, no-tools access air filter change process
• New bodywork including a white airbox, white rear number plates, and a redesigned reinforced rear fender for perfect ergonomics and excellent contact points
• New handguard mount and flag design
• New Excel AL7 rims with silver anodized stripes, zinc/nickel coated spokes, aluminium nipples and high-end CNC machined hubs
• New integrated routing for the cooling system for better airflow
• New Dunlop GEOMAX MX51 front and rear tires

Ive been quoted no more than 300K baht/$10,000 (US spec) delivered in Thailand with all import tax paperwork. Delivery date February. Same guy that got my WR. Not a bad price considering the import duty and shipping is included.
Im waiting on a few other quotes.....

Check this video out. The guy states he is 6ft and weighs 208lbs

What on earth has he on the handlebars at the beginning, some sort of protection I haven't seen before?

[VIDEO]http://vimeo.com/26117883[/VIDEO]

Lovely machine John,40ish hp and 95 kg :)

Johnny, I'm with you. I was thinking the 200 KTM would be the perfect mount around here. Only issue i fear is being a midget and having to kick the friggin tall KTM 200 over, whilst high centered on a portion of trail. I know all my two strokes kick over dead easy, I'm more concerned with the height of the bike and having to kick it.

Also note that the four stroke the gent was following was being ridden rather lazily in terms of RPM's whereas the 200 needed a lot more clutch work and momentum to cover the same terrain.

Awesome video :G . Those things on the bar were originally called Hippo hands years ago. They accomplish the same task as brush guards in clearing trail debris from the levers but more importantly are there to keep the hands warm in cold climates.

The seat height is just under an inch lower than my WR so should it fit me just fine without modification. The 2012 model was suppose to come with lower shock linkage but it never emerged. This would have made it easily lowered for you, only option is to chop the seat! or get the 250 with starter+7Kg's

Yeah I noticed how easily the guy in front was cruising along, looked boring. Look at some of his other videos pretty amazing some of the hill climbs he does.

Being from Scotland I wouldn't have had any use for those "Hippo Hands" to keep my mitts warm!!!

Rekluse Z-start Pro, clutch override and left hand/rear brake available for the 200 (KTM/Rekluse dealer in Indonesia can ship to me). Also Scott have mounting kit for the stabilizer I have on the WR so I can easily swap between bikes.

Cant wait...

262lg.jpg

z_start_pro_b.png

great video of a couple of guys on 200/300

What's this?? I am no longer alone in my love of pingers ?

Get practising those gear changes Johnny! It will be a fun bike to ride.

Aye, I'm all pumped about it. After seeing your Husaberg it's got me panties all wet. :hmm

Any I'm just getting it for the smell!

So Johnny that's how we expect you to ride now you have the same bike:

MastaMax said:
So Johnny that's how we expect you to ride now you have the same bike:

Cyril Despres one of the best offroad riders ever is made to look pretty ordinary by Taddy B in this clip.

Difficult to imagine how good Taddy must be!

Back
Top Bottom