Fazer FZ1000 003.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 423
  • Fazer FZ1000 002.jpg
    Fazer FZ1000 002.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 355
Red Baron were always legit...

Thats a lot of bike for the price.

Quote - "Red Baron were always legit... "

Not true - I know several riders that got bikes from Red Baron and were given recycled books.

I believe that my question was reasonable, considering the problems that can arise when transferring ownership with a recycled book these days.

I believe that my question was reasonable, considering the problems that can arise when transferring ownership with a recycled book these days.

Usually when the frame and engine numbers match up with the records (and the sticker carbon pencil imprint)
from that of the last transfer it should all go just fine...mismatch in numbers can open a whole new can of worms though, especially these days.

Quote - "Usually when the frame and engine numbers match up with the records (and the sticker carbon pencil imprint)
from that of the last transfer it should all go just fine..."

Here in Chiang Mai they have gotten wiser. I sold a bike earlier this year, and the MV inspector showed me a card with the history of the bike ownership and a picture of what model it had to be to match the frame number. Mine was 100% legal. But if the frame number is recycled, and the model that matches that frame number is not the model you are trying to transfer, they will refuse to transfer ownership.

My bike has a recycled book which is legally recognised by the Transport Department.

I transferred bike into my name and renewed the registration with inspections for 7 years and yes the engine and frame numbers match the green book as Bikesncats has already mentioned. Everything about this bike is genuine to any interested buyer.
Purchaser only pays the money after successful transfer of ownership is completed at transport office......Cheers

Quote - "Usually when the frame and engine numbers match up with the records (and the sticker carbon pencil imprint)
from that of the last transfer it should all go just fine..."

Here in Chiang Mai they have gotten wiser. I sold a bike earlier this year, and the MV inspector showed me a card with the history of the bike ownership and a picture of what model it had to be to match the frame number. Mine was 100% legal. But if the frame number is recycled, and the model that matches that frame number is not the model you are trying to transfer, they will refuse to transfer ownership.

I actually know someone that had "recycled" a Honda cbr150 book to fit a cb1000...of course things like that aren't gona fly anymore. I think these days police are taking offense to farangs trying to pass them for fools...but it obviously is not the case here.

My truck's for sale and as soon as its gone I'm a buyer if it is still available.

Truck took 15 months to fix...lots of time spent pressing the insurance to approve all the proper repairs. refused to take it back over a dozen times until everything was done spotless. Anyone interested let me know...Hilux Vigo G 4x4, 3 liter, carryboy, all new fluids, new brakes and new tires, big service. pass the word around, the faster I can sell the faster I can buy the Fazer...Thanks.

Quote - "Red Baron were always legit... "

Not true - I know several riders that got bikes from Red Baron and were given recycled books.

I was always told Baron were legit books..

Even to the point where you couldnt get your bike serviced there if you didnt buy it there without some crazy buy in fee..

I was always told Baron were legit books..

Even to the point where you couldnt get your bike serviced there if you didnt buy it there without some crazy buy in fee..

All the bikes I had from Red Baron had legit books...and they always serviced all my bikes (except the Beemer) whether I bought them there or not. I found the service at Red Baron has always been impeccable and the owner, Khun Vikrom, has always gone out if his way to help me find what I needed. Red Baron, together with khun Yongyut for BMW, are at the top of that short list of trustworthy mechanics here in Thailand...

Bike still for Sale

Hearing against insurance was on 24 November, they have a committee deciding and have to come back with an offer by the end of this month, until then I am not allowed to sell the truck! Will keep you updated...

Bike sold 08.12.14 & transfer piece of cake @ transport office Chiang Mai.

A truly great machine. My one in the UK has 71,000 miles up now and is a keeper.
If I retire to Thailand it's coming with me!

Back
Top Bottom