1975 Kawasaki H2R Factory 800cc

Lao2stroker

Bikes
I have too many bikes....
Ok, just dropped in to see what was here....Hassman's beautiful project and not much else...Here's another one to get us started moving....

I bought this off a meth-head in Florida that was the guy who raced it back in the 70s.....I did the paint, resto, rebuild, etc, but the bike was in good shape, albeit, it had only had the tank drained and the bike never cleaned. It was inside his house at least. And I should mention, he was "never gonna sell it" but....in his state, everything had a price...

FOr those not knowing this bike...it's an 800cc Triple 2 stroke with a roadrace custom frame, dual disc front end, and shocks that are well layed forward. The trickest bits are the dual disc front brake, this is an Original Factory Part, not for John Q back then, and Factory Chambers...you can identify them as by the way they wrap around inside each other, stockers just run back...

Converted to premix as opposed to injection, the huge carbs suck fuel and oil like no ones bizness, and it screams at over 165MPH with a frame that twists like noodle and a steering head that shakes like a snake....The Original Widowmaker, it's an amazing bike to ride. This one stops; the original H2 750 killed many a fast man due to "no brakes" or a single disc on the worlds fastest production machine.

I'm sure someone on this board has a memory of the H2750 back in the day....

H2R.jpg

And for the really die hard vintage racing 2 T fans....Anyone recognize whats just behind it? Not the barn and not the ladder....

DSCF1115.JPG

Here's a before pic I found.......A little rough, but considering....

And for the really die hard vintage racing 2 T fans....Anyone recognize whats just behind it? Not the barn and not the ladder....

RG gamma ?? The 500 with the 4 hi low pipes ?

Duuuuude.....you nailed it...great eye!!!

Walter Wolfe Edition, RGV500 Rotax....What a bike...the rotax V4 sounds like a turbo as it spins up, just mesmerizing...2nd in sound only to a big Duc twin....

Nasty bit of nostalgia there.
H2`s were kings of the street when i got my first bike early 70`s and absolute handful in the spec that your`s is in with their flexing,bucking weaving frame,poor brakes and tires of the era.
Most of the guys that raced them in production racing then, opted for TZ 700`s for open races as they were much better mannered than the old H2.

You really like your old 2 strokes.

Some guys were racing H2`s in the Classic class in Oz in the 90`s with different carbs,ignition,brakes and swing arm and said they were a fairly civilised race bike with those mods.
The Two Stroke shop in Oz was making their own 1098 based H2 engine triple and slotting into a ZX10 frame with modern power valves and reeds!!
Target is 250 rear wheel horsepower at 9500rpm, and just shy of DOUBLE the torque of the original ZX-10R motor. This will be easily achievable, with an engine that weighs 25kg less than the outgoing four-stroke 1000cc engine.

250bhp 1.1L 2 stroker - The Student Room

Nasty bit of nostalgia there.
H2`s were kings of the street when i got my first bike early 70`s and absolute handful in the spec that your`s is in with their flexing,bucking weaving frame,poor brakes and tires of the era.
Most of the guys that raced them in production racing then, opted for TZ 700`s for open races as they were much better mannered than the old H2.

You really like your old 2 strokes.

Some guys were racing H2`s in the Classic class in Oz in the 90`s with different carbs,ignition,brakes and swing arm and said they were a fairly civilised race bike with those mods.
The Two Stroke shop in Oz was making their own 1098 based H2 engine triple and slotting into a ZX10 frame with modern power valves and reeds!!
Target is 250 rear wheel horsepower at 9500rpm, and just shy of DOUBLE the torque of the original ZX-10R motor. This will be easily achievable, with an engine that weighs 25kg less than the outgoing four-stroke 1000cc engine.

250bhp 1.1L 2 stroker - The Student Room

now THAT is some machine!!!! Holy crap!!

I'll look for the tube video, the most insane one I saw was a French dude that slapped 3 H2 triple motors together...beauty of a sound and I am sure, hell on wheels, stand back when it comes on the pipe(s)!!

ANother nice one I actually saw, not an H2 project, but a KX500 motor stuffed in the Ninja 250 chassis...cool as cukes!!

Thx for taking a look, and yeah, I do LOVE 2Ts...nothing beats the rush of the pipe when it's coming on......like the first drop on a roller coaster, and it never gets old...

Just wait til DIrect Injection hits the bike market next year.....it'll all be over for those sorry, high maint 4 strokes... ;)

JK, I love em too, just not in the same way...Like I'd still love a gay uncle, but just be real real wary of him..

I do have it on good authority, HOnda test riders did NO testing on a new CRF450 for 2013. And that same person said he had never ridden so many laps on a 2T...he's a young guy, so no YZ/CR/KX/RM coming up thru the ranks for him...and yes, it is Direct Injection Honda is testing. No smoke, no noise, no choke, no premix, no jetting, no ratio. Pure f'ing performance. ANd it sounds like HRC may beat KTM to the production line....

JUST GIMME GIMME GIMME!!!!

Just wait til DIrect Injection hits the bike market next year.....it'll all be over for those sorry, high maint 4 strokes... ;)
QUOTE]

Bimota did this some 20 years ago with their BB500......but problems with it drove them out of business. They were way ahead of their time but didn't have enough money behind them to back them up

So when is this mythical direct injection 2 stroke engine being released to the world then? Until I actually see them for sale I will continue to think its just a figment of peoples imagination

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Vintage Motorcycles 9
Back
Top Bottom